Skip to content
Important points to remember when buying a new bed.
- Set aside enough time. You can’t buy a good mattress in a hurry or if you’re tired or distracted – they will all feel wonderful. We always recommend “try before you buy”
- Choose the correct support for your weight and build.
- Comfort is paramount – a bed doesn’t have to be hard to be good for you.
- Lie down in your normal sleeping position – take off your coat and shoes.
- Shop together if the bed’s for two.
- Make sure you have enough room – the bigger the bed the better the nights sleep.
- Don’t forget a bed is a mattress and base working together – don’t consider them in isolation. Also some manufacturers don’t guarantee a new mattress on an old base.
- Shop for the best value – all things considered not the lowest price, remember every £100 spent represents just 2.7p a night over 10 years.
- Like a new car a new bed may initially have a “new” smell about it. This will eventually disperse if well aired.
- Body-shaped impressions – sometimes known as settlement is perfectly normal on any quality mattress and normally occurs within the first 4 weeks.